The first investment made by our Long-term Equity investment strategy was in FNZ in 2018. FNZ is a global financial services and investment administration business, headquartered in the UK with over 2,000 employees in 10 countries, as of June 2020.
Our Value Add
Generation is supporting FNZ in a number of ways including serving as a strategic adviser for the senior management team at the board level, helping to identify and assess new senior executives to bolster the team, debt capital structure management, M&A execution and acquisition integration support. We are also contributing to the launch of FNZ Impact. FNZ Impact will offer retail investors detailed information on the sustainability of their entire investment portfolios which was previously only available to institutional investors. Investors can then contribute to tackling sustainability challenges, such as climate change, by deciding how they would like their portfolios to be invested.
- Work with management teams to help define and deliver ambitious long-term growth plans.
- Support companies on a wide range of topics including sustainability leadership, operational excellence, international expansion, organisational design, governance, capital structure and mergers & acquisitions.
- Provide support through a bespoke combination of our internal team and extensive network of experienced advisors.
- Draw together an extensive network of entrepreneurs, seasoned executives, policymakers and academics – all of whom are inspired by innovation and the drive to a sustainable economy.
- Convene our strong network for subject-specific gatherings, facilitated by our Chairman, Al Gore.
- Make targeted introductions to customers and strategic partners through our global corporate connections.
- Research-led approach, which emphasizes deep sector knowledge and combines diverse insights and ideas across a range of disciplines.
- Employ system-level thinking, which leads to a nuanced understanding of long-term risks and opportunities across sectors.
- Engage with our companies and work together to apply our insights.
- Engaged owners investing for the future.
- Long-term relationship as part of the Generation network.
- Leverage a broader asset management platform to provide capital markets expertise throughout a company’s evolution.