Generation is a pure-play sustainable investment manager. It is all we do. It is all we will ever do. Since its founding in 2004, Generation has played a pioneering role in the development of sustainable and environmental, social and governance (ESG) investing.
We see long-term investing as best practice and sustainability as the organising construct of the global economy. We use ESG factors as tools to evaluate the quality of businesses and management teams.
We believe this approach reveals important and relevant insights that other investment frameworks may leave undiscovered – and that these insights ultimately lead to long-term, attractive, risk-adjusted investment returns.1
This makes us think differently about what drives and influences the performance of companies. It compels us to ensure that rigorous sustainability analysis is fully integrated into every investment decision we take.
Our missionRead more
We are a mission-led firm. We seek to deliver long-term, attractive, risk-adjusted investment returns and positive impact, and to advocate for the adoption of sustainable investing by the wider market.
Our leadershipRead more
Our firm is made up of a diverse group of more than 100 individuals connected by our mission. Across the team, this shared ambition creates a high degree of alignment, as well as a one-firm culture of collaboration and constant challenge.
Our operationsRead more
We are an investment management firm dedicated to sustainable investing. We do not just apply this lens to our investments. Transformative change requires individual and collective action on many levels. We apply this lens to our operations and behaviour.
Our core values
Inclusion & diversity
Respect & dignity
HOW WE WORK
- We recognise complacency, hubris and loss of reputation to be the greatest risks to our business.
- We seek long-term client partnerships by ensuring our interests are fully aligned with those of our clients and delivering differentiated investment insight and exceptional client service.
- We seek to attract, develop and retain the best professionals with whom we share a commitment to our Mission and Core Values within a passionate investment culture.
- We are an independent, broadly owned and managed private partnership. We encourage all our colleagues to think and act like owners. We are committed to remaining a boutique investment firm.
- We recognise and accept our responsibility to the communities in which we live and work, and to the world community. We are mindful of ways to help our colleagues fulfil their personal responsibilities, and we actively encourage philanthropic engagement.
- We strive to promote a more sustainable form of capitalism through engagement with our clients, portfolio companies and the broader financial markets. The Generation Foundation is an important element of this work.
- Generation seeks to deliver attractive returns and positive impact, but there can be no guarantee this goal will be achieved.
Assets under management as at 31 December 2023 are USD 36.1 billion and assets under supervision (“AUS”) as at 30 September 2023 are USD 10.9 billion. AUS form part of our Private Equity strategy and include assets where Generation sourced, structured and/or negotiated the investment and in relation to which it provides certain ongoing advisory services for a fee.