Generation is a pure-play sustainable investment manager. It is all we do. It is all we will ever do. Since its founding in 2004, Generation has played a pioneering role in the development of sustainable and environmental, social and governance (ESG) investing.
We see long-term investing as best practice and sustainability as the organising construct of the global economy. We use ESG factors as tools to evaluate the quality of businesses and management teams.
We believe this approach reveals important and relevant insights which other investment frameworks may leave undiscovered – and that these insights ultimately lead to superior, risk-adjusted investment results.*
This makes us think differently about what drives and influences the performance of companies. It compels us to ensure that rigorous sustainability analysis is fully integrated into every investment decision we take.
* Generation seeks to deliver superior performance, but there can be no guarantee this goal will be achieved.
Our missionRead more
We are a mission-led firm. We seek transformational change to drive to a net zero, prosperous, equitable, healthy and safe society.
Our leadershipRead more
Our firm is made up of a diverse group of more than 100 individuals connected by our mission. Across the team, this shared ambition creates a high degree of alignment, as well as a one-firm culture of collaboration and constant challenge.
Our operationsRead more
Our core values
Inclusion & diversity
Respect & dignity
HOW WE WORK
- We recognise complacency, hubris and loss of reputation to be the greatest risks to our business.
- We seek long-term client partnerships by ensuring our interests are fully aligned with those of our clients and delivering differentiated investment insight and exceptional client service.
- We seek to attract, develop and retain the best professionals with whom we share a commitment to our Mission and Core Values within a passionate investment culture.
- We are an independent, broadly owned and managed private partnership. We encourage all our colleagues to think and act like owners. We are committed to remaining a boutique investment firm.
- We recognise and accept our responsibility to the communities in which we live and work, and to the world community. We are mindful of ways to help our colleagues fulfil their personal responsibilities, and we actively encourage philanthropic engagement.
- We strive to promote a more sustainable form of capitalism through engagement with our clients, portfolio companies and the broader financial markets. The Generation Foundation is an important element of this work.